- I have a shoe problem. And when I say that, I consider myself a fairllllly frugal human being so I actually have control over the spending part. But take me into Nike/UA/Dicks and I’m drooling over nike metcons. And I’ve been thinking about them for a long long long time. BUT I do not have them because #discipline. But maybe soon because #treatyoself.
- In addition to shoes….I have a sock ADDICTION. Like both fitness and stupid socks. I have a ridiculous, absurd amount of Nike socks. And UA socks. And really obnoxious Christmas socks. THEY MAKE ME SO HAPPY. If you’re a nurse, or medical personnel that wears scrubs, have you noticed that even if your pants are so long, its hard not do have high waters? Anyway I used to think this was a way to jazz up my nursing uniform. If I’m going to be showing my socks they should be fun right? And I guess because socks aren’t $80-$150 I tend to actually buy them. I wonder how many shoes I could have purchased if I just said no to the socks with sparkly tassels on them (yep).
- I eat dark chocolate. DAILY. Probably way too much. But they’re healthy fats right? I have to end every meal with something sweet!
- I love love love box jumps. They are my favorite move. I can do them now with my new gym and I’m SO excited. I find them exhilarating!
- I do not count macros. Or anything. I follow general ‘guidelines’ in my head. Like, I’m more active on leg day sooooo let me just eat some waffles for dinner because large muscles need carbs. And I think it’s totally fine if you do (in a healthy manner, of course). But I have zero desire to use that much of my brain power thinking about food.
- I also love salads! I don’t eat bad salads. I want to do a post on this because I get comments on them all the time and it’s hilarious because cooking is not my jam but I think I make some pretty good salads! I’ll take a large salad over a green smoothie any day to get the veg in. You CAN make them enjoyable!
- I follow the “take a rest week every 6-12 weeks’ method. Like a PLANNED rest week. I find my body usually NEEDS one by 10 weeks. Sometimes not. Lately I’ve been taking at least 2-3 rest days every other week. While some weeks I can workout 6x/week. I’ve noticed when I take more rest days the weeks I have more work days, my body just feels better. I used to be someone who would ‘fight through’ and ‘#noexcuses’ but that can be a load of bologna when taken too far and your body needs rest!
- I lOVE RUNNING. But only when I want to. I’ll hate it one week and love it a month later. I’ve also learned I love city running. It keeps you SO distracted the entire time. 30 minutes flies by!
- I canNOT workout in leggings. Seriously don’t know how people do it. DO YOU SWEAT?!
- So I now walk to the gym (as of a week ago), but before, I was that person who would still try to park really close to the door. Despite the fact that the whole idea is to be active. What can I say? #Lazy.
What are some of your health/fitness confessions? Any sock lovers out there?
Do you take rest weeks?