This post may contain affiliate links. See disclosure here.
I feel like I’ve been going non-stop for three-five weeks now! It was packing, unloading, cleaning, on REPEAT and trying not to forget I had school in the background (whoops). Things are slowing down in terms of cleaning and moving. I’m all settled into my new place and handing my keys in from my old apartment was the.best.feeling.ever. Ya’ll, I HATE cleaning an apartment after moving (which I feel like I have an absurd experience doing…). One, it’s just plain exhausting . I was so sore. HAH. Two. You start asking yourself why you’re so gross, despite the fact that you feel like you clean up like a normal person? Then you get down to scrub the baseboards and the window sills….and ok I’ll stop there.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to list a few things I’ve learned/taken note of since moving into the city. People think I’m hilarious because outside of spending the last year working in the city, I scream city newb. It’s fine.
1. Make ONE WRONG TURN (or miss your turn) and you’re now driving for an extra 500 years. I’m known for exaggerating. But seriously, one way streets. Why.
2. I love love love the fact that I could walk to church with friends after moving in. I needed another shower when I got to church but ya’ll, there’s something special in that.
3. You can save on groceries if you make yourself walk to the grocery store…knowing you won’t want to carry all that back. OR you can get a really good workout in. Your choice.
4. I now know why no-one wanted to leave the city to visit me in the suburbs. Parking. And driving 5 mph to leave the city.
5. Food. Food is so tempting. It’s SO CLOSE. All the time. Don’t do it don’t do it don’t do it. I hate spending money on food but when chipotle and Nalley Fresh and &Pizza are all in walking distance. BLESS. Oh and Pure Raw Juice isn’t too too far either 😉
6. I’ve found my coffee shop. It makes my heart SO HAPPY to be able to walk to a local coffee shop. It’s the little things friends. And they serve Counter Culture Coffee. AH-mazing.
So far, I’m really loving it! I love walking everywhere, and being close to community. 🙂
Do you live in the city or suburbs? What’s your favorite part?
What’s going on this week?