Sigh… I want to get back to workout Wednesdays at some point buuuuut I’m loving following the guide from Lauren Gleisberg so I just haven’t created any lately! I may have to pull out an old one soon 😉
I recently read one of these “Random Facts” posts and it was so fun to learn some of the different, random things behind the writer. We all have those random, maybe quirky things about us that really, help make us who we are? Ok…maybe not. haha. Buuuuut enjoy 10 random (some maybe not so random, some maybe quirky) facts about me.
Random Facts About Me:
(Aka what you probably didn’t need to know buuut I’m posting it anyway 😊)
1. I’ve always wanted to own a coffee shop. And kind of still do. Anyone out there want to do too many things?? BUT, I am a huge coffee nerd. A friend actually bought me a book about coffee for Christmas. And there’s a spot in my hometown that I always say if I move back, that’s where I want my coffee shop 😉 I just love everything about a coffee shop. I obviously love coffee. But I love that it’s a meeting place for people. Something to do. A place for small groups to meet. First dates. A group of friends. A place to blog 😉 A Saturday morning spot. OR, just go there and read or study. My sister and I have talked about it…where I’ll cover the coffee side of things and she can bake. Sounds fun, right?! I also love visiting local coffee shops. And I’m probably secretly writing down ideas of from the really cute ones….
2. I hate ice in my water. Most of the time. If I remember at restaurants, I try and order my water without ice. I find the water is usually already cold and the ice just makes me freezing so I skip it. I’ll drink a lukewarm diet coke too. I know. Weird.
3. I walk SUPER fast (but have never been a fast runner…) And I realize this sounds ridiculous, because it kind of is. But I legitimately have to pull in the reigns sometimes because I’m THAT PERSON who’s walking behind either a group that’s taking up the entire sidewalk or just someone super slow and I’m telling myself ‘its ok…it’s ok…”. So much so that this nurse walking behind me to my parking garage the other day caught up with me in the elevator and said “busy day??”. And I responded “does my face say it all?”. She said “no…by the speed you were walking out I figured you were dying to leave’. Well….
4. I have an obsession with slippers. Forgive me if I’ve said this before….but I own a LOT of slippers. However I now own Ugg slippers and I don’t know if I’ll ever go for anything else. I know, so bad. I always said how absurd it was to spend that kind of money on slippers but my feet are literally in clouds as I type this soooooo yeah.
5. I may or may not be a germaphobe healthcare professional. For those of you that know me, this may not be so random because you already know. It’s fine. I 100% admit it and people ask how I work as a nurse and I just shrug my shoulders. It really doesn’t bother me so much in the actual practice of my job. However, I did nearly have a heart attack one day when someone brought their little family member in and they were LICKING THE HOSPITAL FLOOR. I DIEEEEE. And yes I picked that child up off the floor out of complete instinct/reflex motion.
6. I play the piano. I took lessons for the most part of ages 10-25 and I’m calling this my life long project….It’s taken me through a lot of life lessons and I’m grateful for all I’ve learned. Annnnnnd am still learning (😉). I’m also grateful for the respite it gives me. And that my wonderful piano teacher reads this.
8. One of my favorite things about my job? Outside of loving and caring for people of course…IVs. Like I love it. And totally not in an evil way…I swear. Also it’s worth noting that sticking babies is just not the same as adults and I don’t actually WANT to cause pain on a baby or anyone. BUT. If you’re a nurse you KNOW the runners high-like feeling I’m talking about. I’d love to join an access team.
10. I love love love babies. And I’m only making this #10 because when I got to 8 and had trouble thinking of a few more to get me to 10 (OCD much??) I asked my friend Erica and this is what I got…
To clarify…..I follow an Instagram blogger (singular, friends. That would be one) who works at an orphanage in China for babies with heart defects. And her account literally makes my heart explode but APPARENTLY this is super weird. This may not be THAT random considering my job as a peds nurse ☺️.
Alright people, now that you know I’m more of a freak than you thought…Let me know something random about you!
And if you know me, did any of these surprise you?