I love reading these posts on other blogs. And they always inspire me to sit down and reflect and look at what I could be working on.
I don’t live a Monday-Friday lifestyle. So Monday’s aren’t usually a fresh start and I don’t always wish for Friday’s. (Which, actually erks my very type A routine craving self-though I won’t admit to it when I’m sitting by the pool/beach on a Monday 😉 ). And I say this with a grain of salt, because this is the season I’m in right now…
However, I can certainly reflect weekly/monthly. And I want to start doing that! In starting small, I started this draft July 3rd so I could jot things down as I thought of them….
- Give yourself more grace. (EVERY MONTH LESSON).
- Give OTHERS more grace.
- Put your pride away and be able to learn from others. This means taking constructive criticism, even if it means coming from certain people with certain attitudes (ok, still have things to work on here…).
- Side note: This is July 3rd and I’ve clearly had to learn some deep lessons in 3 days. GEESH.
- Sunburns are BAD. Still. learning. this.
- Going make up free is amazing. and freeing. Is this a lesson? I’m not sure. But I definitely feel like my priorities shift in the right direction when this happens. Short term missions always remind me just how unimportant things are that I tend to worship in my day to day life.
- Pray more. This is a struggle. I can sit down with scripture but God is always like TALK TO ME. And not just when things are crapping out or your running late to work #honesty. (Has anyone else prayed the PLEASE GET ME TO WORK ON TIME prayer?) So I’m trying to just sit for 5-10 my in my quiet time.
- Reflection: Along with pray more, reflect. Sit down and WRITE goals. I have a prayer journal. I want to start monthly, even if it’s just with this blog. But I’d like to be intentional about writing prayers for specific people. Weekly.
- Get organized. OK, I’m actually a fairly organized person. #TypeA. But I haven’t been in school for over 3 years and I start in 2 weeks sooooo LET’S GO.
- Blog research. Blogging is still kind of huge and unknown to me. I know my time during the semesters will be limited so I’m cramming to really learn what I can do to expand this little space of mine!
- Running? Ah. Maybe in August. I’m going to run in the Baltimore Running Festival with my co-workers and would rather not die. So maybe start incorporating some runs here and there 😉
Any life lessons you’ve learned lately?
What are some of your goals?
Do you have a habit of regularly reflecting and making new goals?